Archive for the ‘Gold’ Category
In the purest form gold may not have many varieties but there are certain forms of gold which can be treated as different types. The variations of pure gold mixed with other metals forms different types of gold which are sold in the market. Given below are the different types of gold which you may come across:
• Colored gold- depending on what metal is mixed gold can be seen in different colors. White gold for example has palladium, manganese and nickel mixed which gives it a whitish color. Red, pink and rose gold form when copper is mixed with an equal portion of gold. Similarly there is green gold which contains both gold and silver mixed in certain proportions. You will also find black gold,, purple gold and blue gold which contains cobalt, aluminum and indium respectively.
• Gold bars- you must have seen gold bars in movies. They are mainly found in two types: minted and cast. The cast gold bars are normally thicker and known as gold ingots while the minted ones are thinner and are named gold wafers or gold biscuits.
• Gold bullion coins- gold bullion coins are smaller than the normal gold coins and they are mainly used in making national emblems. They are like the metal bars and not so expensive as the normal gold coins.
• Unrefined gold- in the raw state gold is mainly unrefined and that is how gold nuggets are found. They are pieces of native gold which vary in sizes and shapes but their purity ranges from 20K to 23K. Gold dust is another form of unrefined gold.
• Gold scrap- gold scrap is considered to be those items whose value is more for the gold inside that the worth of the full item. Broken gold is a good example of gold scrap. Gold wash, gold plate and electro plated gold are some of the examples of scrap gold put to use in different ways.
Jewelry often adds a sparkle to the personality of a person but over the years gold also becomes dull and loses that luster. That is why it should be cleaned at regular intervals and the process of cleaning gold is not that tough. You can do it yourself. Following are some of the tips that you can follow in order to clean your gold jewelry:
• Vinegar solution is one of the best ways to clean gold jewelry. If you are using vinegar solution then you just have to soak the gold jewelry into the solution and leave it for some time. After that you have to scrub the dirt away and clean the jewelry with water and wipe it dry.
• Soapy water is another solution that you can use to clean the gold jewelry. This is the easiest way to clean jewelry. And the best part is it would not react to gold. You simply have to get a little soap and an old toothbrush to clean the gold. It will also not take up much time of yours. Once the jewelry is cleaned you will have to wash it again with cold water and then wipe it with a dry cloth. You can also use cotton to wipe the jewelry.
• A solution of diluted ammonia is also very helpful to clean gold jewelry. In fact you can use this solution to clean any type of jewelry you want. When you are using this solution you would have to soak the jewelry for 15 minutes into the solution. Once you take the jewelry out from the solution you can directly wipe them dry and you would not have to wash them separately in water. It maintains the shine of the jewelry and makes it look as if it were new.
In today’s world of unpredictable marketing and business, there s is need to invest smartly. Being gold online is a great idea. There are many benefits of buying gold online. Competitive prices make it necessary for the manufactures to come up with new designs and choices for customers. This in turn increases the sale as well.
Set a budget for yourself to decide how much you need to spend on the jewelry. While buying gold jewelry online, always look for the right kind of dealer. The website and company should be legitimate. Look for the reviews which tell you about the best sites for gold jewelry. You can even read some customer reviews and find out which is reliable and the best. Also read the terms and conditions necessary for each website and then only make your purchase.
The main reason why people are following the recent trend of buying silver jewellery and plating it with gold is the rise in the price of gold. Not everybody can buy gold jewellery these days, so they opt to get silver jewellery plated in gold. This not only save them the extra expenses of buying gold, it also gives them the look which real gold jewellery would have given if worn.
No matter which style or design of jewellery you pick, getting it plated in gold is easy to be done. There are many gold merchants who will do the plating job in the best way possible. It is very hard to realize that the jewellery is a gold plated one. Setting up stones on such jewellery will add to the look. You should take the service of a specialist in jewellery making to make the best out of it.
Gold is a prized possession whose market value is constantly increasing, so even if you’re not planning to sell it off; you should at least know how much do they value considering the ever changing prices. Here are some steps to determine the value using some simple measures. Initially, you should know the karat weight of the valuable metal. You’ll find that number on the sides or the inner surfaces of the jewelry.
Now the value of the jewelry will further increase if the ornament has some genuine gems affixed with it. So, if you want to know the value of the gold only, then disassemble the gems from it before weighing it. Use a fine accurate scale to weigh the items as every single gram is precious to lose. Find out the current price of gold running in the market and then multiply the number of grams with the current rate of 1 gram to get the exact amount.
Although gold is one metal which can never go out of fashion, nevertheless the typical golden colour does not go well with every skin tone. Not if you want to maintain the elegance of gold with a dash of trend, the best option is white gold. Not only it can look fabulous on woman of any age and almost any skin tone, but also white gold can glam up any outfit be it a formal one or a evening wear.
Now, coming to white gold jewellery you have numerous possible options to pick from. Starting from sleek neck pieces to chunky danglers, you have something for everyone. Also a fine pick for a gift, white gold jewellery can be worn by all for all occasions.
A fine choice of metal for a wedding ring, diamond on white gold looks absolutely amazing. So wait no further, go ahead a get just the piece of jewellery you want, and keep it stylish.
The penchant for purchasing and adorning jewelry is no longer restricted to women. Nowadays, you will find that men too are getting increasingly fascinated towards gold based ornaments. Gold chains for men have become an extremely popular fashion trend. A gold chain is believed to symbolize riches, authority and a fashionable persona.
There are a variety of gold chains available in the market today. Men should typically choose the style and design of a chain based on their personality. If you like simplicity, go for a thin, classic and intricately designed chain. For those with a strong and dynamic personality, a heavier chain in the pattern of rope or links will look great. You can also experiment with ethnic styles like Celtic, African or Asian. Depending on the budget, you can opt for 14k, 18k or 22k gold. In case you do not like the yellow color of gold, go for a chain made of white gold.
Gold bracelets are one of the most beautiful creations of all time. They look really classy on a woman’s hands. Gold is not just one of the most beautiful metals on the earth but it is also one of the expensive metals as well. In fact gold has been seen as the sign of wealth, prosperity and class since time immemorial. In fact it was Cleopatra who actually popularized the use of gold in jewelry. Gold cast as any jewelry look good and exquisite.
However the gold bracelet is one of the most popular forms of the gold casting. The bracelets are lighter and there are a plethora of designed that are used for them. In fact in case you visited the jeweler you would see that the maximum of their creativity is spent on the exquisite carvings of the gold bracelets. Considering how light and easy to carry they are, women also love to wear a gold bracelet.
Gold is perhaps the most traditional and most sought after metal when it comes to jewelry, almost synonymous to jewelry itself. Now, the lure and attraction of gold lies in its sheer brilliance, exuberance and the way it stands out, always. Choosing stones, their color, size and setting is a tricky job. Since gold in itself is such a dominating presence, choosing what will complement it be Gold is perhaps the most traditional and most sought after metal when it comes to jewelry, almost synonymous to jewelry itself.
Now, the lure and attraction of gold lies in its sheer brilliance, exuberance and the way it stands out, always. Choosing stones, their color, size and setting is a tricky job. Since gold in itself is such a dominating presence, choosing what will complement it best without getting subdued or too loud is imperative. You might think not all colors go well with gold, but contrary to popular belief that is not so. Be it fiery red or cool blue, or the brilliance of an emerald, each of the stones make a striking combination with gold. Rubies and sapphires are very strong and vibrant stones, when with gold they should be delicately cut and not too large. Emeralds, diamonds and topaz on the other hand complement the exuberance of gold well, shape, size and setting no matter. st without getting subdued or too loud is imperative.
You might think not all colors go well with gold, but contrary to popular belief that is not so. Be it fiery red or cool blue, or the brilliance of an emerald, each of the stones make a striking combination with gold. Rubies and sapphires are very strong and vibrant stones, when with gold they should be delicately cut and not too large. Emeralds, diamonds and topaz on the other hand complement the exuberance of gold well, shape, size and setting no matter.
Modern day Women and Men are too shy and reluctant to wear gold ornaments like those who used them in the 1950s. But we can’t give up on them, can we? So, to make the present day youth wear gold, many new, nice looking and less flashing models have been introduced in the market.
One such model is the handmade wedding bands which are elegant and classy. Handmade jewelries are a class of their own due to their fluency in design and excellent polished nature. They are usually made in three colors – natural gold, white gold and rose gold. Each of these colors has their own pros and cons and is chosen according to the wished of the individual.
Also these bands will perfectly fit as they are specially made for you. Unlike machine made jewelry, you can alter these handmade ones at any time without worrying much about the quality of the jewelry.